Polyethylene Foam Insulation
Polyethylene insulation is closed-cell foam, meaning its structure is made of millions of tiny globules, sealed off from each other. Polyethylene insulation materials have better sound-insulation sound-absorbing and heat insulation properties. Some advantages of polyethylene insulation form include minimal low water retention, extra stability and structural strength, excellent weathering, ageing resistance. Other advantages are resistance against dirt, humidity and freezing temperatures. The form is also resistant to solvents, petroleum products, and is antimicrobial as well, inhibiting the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria. A resilient material, PE form returns to original state after compression, while still yielding enough to provide cushion and security where it is needed. It is these characteristics, combined with its versatility and customization possibilities that makes polyethylene useful in so many applications.
Advantages of Polyethylene Insulation Form
- Excellent thermal insulation: Low thermal conductivity of 0.0293 (W/m °K) (0.37 BTU-in/hr-ft
- Excellent Sound blocking properties: has a Sound Transmission Coefficient, (STC) value of 65 and a Noise Reduction Coefficient (NRC) value of 0.85 which makes it the ideal product in blocking contact and airborne noise.
- Good Vibration Absorption: Excellent dimensional stability. Offers cushioning against repeated impacts
- Fire retardant: Self extinguishing
- Light, safe to handle and easy to install: Does not contain any synthetic fibers or other substances toxic to humans.
- Effective moisture barrier: remains unaltered when exposed
We stock a wide range of polyethylene foam insulation in Kenya. Our polyethylene foam sheets and rolls are designed to solve noise as well as heat from different sources. Some of them includes the GCS roof insulation polyethylene foam rolls. We manufacturer them in the thicknesses of 3mm, 5mm, 10mm, 15mm, 20mm and 25mm roll
We also produce the acoustic insulation sheets in the sizes of 25mm, 50mm, 75mm and 100mm. These polyethylene sheets can be used for soundproofing partitions and wall cavities