Rockal Rockwool Wired Rolls
Rockal Rockwool Wired Rolls are composed of mineral rock fibers, processed from volcanic basaltic rocks, formed by stitching galvanized steel wires to hexagonal galvanized wire mesh. Fibers are bonded together with a thermosetting binder which gives the flexibility &resilience to the products. Rockal Rockwool Wired Rolls are normally produced at low densities and comply with ASTM C-592-80 Class 1, E-84, E-119.
Rockal Rockwool Wired Rolls Facing
Rockal Rockwool Wired Blankets are produced with 25mm (1 inch) opening galvanized hexagonal wire mesh y=0.7mm are available.
Packaging & Handling
- Each Rockal Wired Roll is packed in polyethylene bag protected from UV light rays and fixed with product specification sticker.
- Rockal Wired Rolls shall be handled with care since it’s mainly consisting of fibers.
- Rockal Wired Rolls shall be stored horizontally in a dry closed area securely packaged with a maximum of cumulative height of 4 rolls to maintain the product properties.
Rockal Rockwool fibers products are classified as Non-Combustible materials and follow the fire safety rating achievements.
- Class 1 Surface spread of flame in accordance to BS 476.
- Class 0 in accordance to BS 476
- Class A1 in accordance to European Standards.
- Surface burning characteristics in accordance to ASTM E-84
- Fire spread Index: Less than 10
- Smoke Developed index: Less than 25
Installation & Assembly
Cut the wired roll length so that the roll fits the pipe with slight pre-stressing. The closing joints must be staggered at an angle of at least 30 degrees to each other.
The closing joint of the rolls (linear and circular) must be wired together using steel wire (Min.0.5mm) or secured with matt hooks. Stainless steel pipes with a temperature of >350 degrees Celsius are preferably to be insulated using Rockal Rockwool Wired Rolls with stainless steel wire mesh instead.
If the rolls are assembled in multiple layers all joints and overlaps must be staggered (Masonry Bond).During installation please note that every 3 to 4 meters insulation supports shall be installed before the cladding is applied due to the limited pressure resistance of the Rockwool Rolls. The insulation finishing shall be a metallic surface (e.g. aluminum), expansion joints arescrews, hard aluminum or stainless steel ½” with 8 pcs per meter.
Close the expansion joints with a steel tensioning wire. Connections to mountings, head and end caps etc.
Thermal and acoustic insulation and fire barrier used in commercial, industrial, residential buildings. Mainly used for flat surfaces like rectangular tanks, building facades, studios, theaters’ gypsum board partitioning, ceiling, building facades and curtain walls and flooring insulation.